It has been such a long time since I last posted. I really need to get better at this. I will try to catch up over break. I will post my pictures from my trips to Hong Kong, Cambodia, Malaysia and Thailand. Im really excited about going to those places.
Last time I posted, I think I was kinda down. I tried to post on kiatsu (sp?) culture. Im not sure if I fully explained it, but I dont know if it necessary to fully explore in this blog. Lets just say that education is taken differently here, and for that matter all over the world. One of the greatest pleasure while studying abroad is learning about other peoples education systems. They are so different; they have different outcomes, and different goals. Im not sure if I like the US system over the British system, but either way Im glad my program combines both!
Its crazy to think that I only have one week of revision (new British/Singaporean word for study), and then Im off traveling. I need to organize my trips still, but not nervous about getting that done. Many people here just pick up and go on the weekend. Its pretty easy to do that. Maybe next semester I will do that, but I doubt I can be so spontaneous.
Im really glad Im here for two semesters; there is still so much to see. I feel like I didnt do much each day- but looking back I have done a lot!. Singapore is a great city to keep you entertained. At home, I may only think to go to a movie or eat out, but here you can do so much! It makes me think that I just havent been creative enough to think of things to do at home- Next semester Im looking forward to seeing and interacting more with the Singapore I still havent met.
Im also looking forward to the new students. It will be weird to say goodbye to my friends- knowing that I wont see many ever again. But, its ok. I had a great time with them, and their lives with move on just like mine. I have learned to live much more in the present than the future- its the way you have to approach living during exchange- because things are so temporary. New students will be from all over too- and they will want to travel just like me. It would be easy to get in the same mindset that school is second here- but it actually needs to be first. Have much more invested in NUS, than just a fun foreign experience.
Im going to post some pictures of the Botanical Gardens. One day a couple weeks ago I went exploring there. It was really tropical and filled with people. It is a great place to go on a cooler day. Some place to go on a spring day (if there was such a thing)- too bad I cant take the Botanical Gardens with me back home!
cant right now because of my stupid computer and connection... will soon ( i hope)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it's 'kiasu'! just so you know:)
Post a Comment